RE: Whitespace handling following inline math

Hi Mike,

I think you are also safe if you strip out all the whitespace between
MathML elements.  We do this with some of our own XSL stylesheets, and
it also seems to work around the problem without running the risk of
nbsp's causing some unexpected side effects.

I also sadly note that although we have reported this "feature" of
Internet Explorer to Microsoft through multiple channels, they have (so
far) declined to fix it in IE7.  I speculate they regard it as critical
for backward compatibility.

--Robert

Robert Miner
Director, New Product Development

Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California  90802
USA
Tel:  (651) 223-2883
Fax:  (651) 292-0014
robertm@dessci.com
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor,
TexAide ~