Re: Whitespace handling following inline math

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:15:30 +0100
To: Mike.Waters@springer.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org

yes they know about that one, see
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathplayer/tsn106.htm
item 5
Internet Explorer Bugs & Limitations
IE sometimes removes space following the </math> tag. It seems to do so
when there is no start tag on the same line. Here is a test page that
demonstrates the problem.

what I do is just make sure that the space after math is a #160 rather
than a #32 (by inserting a suitable rule in the stylesheet that's
generating the pages) not ideal but it works.

I do this while generating the pages, if you are using pmathml.xsl you
could add a template to that stylesheet to change a space following a
math at rendering time.