Re: Subscripts in Content MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:03:56 +0100
To: paul@activemath.org
CC: maths@mathsonly.com, www-math@w3.org

> We had similar problems encoding such constructs in OpenMath.
> We have found the quick-way: name variables with such names as a_i but
> that is definitely not universal.

I do something similar in the stylesheets used for OpenMath dictionaries
on the OpenMath site, any OMV (Equivalent to a mathml ci) whose name
ends in a number is presented with the number as a subscript.
The offending code is

http://www.openmath.org/cocoon/openmath/cdfiles2/xsl/omvar.xsl

with links to the rest of the stylesheets here:

http://www.openmath.org/cocoon/openmath/cdfiles2/xsl/index.html

And an example of its use in the rendering of the example Z12

http://www.openmath.org/cocoon/openmath/cdfiles2/contrib/cd/setname2.html#Zm

http://www.star.net.uk