Re: inclusion of input elements in MathML

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 22:41:01 +0200
Cc: RobertM@dessci.com, www-math@w3.org
To: Manolis Mavrikis <m.mavrikis@ed.ac.uk>

Le 24 mai 05, à 18:31, Manolis Mavrikis a écrit :
>> Thanks for your suggestion.  I have long thought that at a minimum,
>> <maction> could easily be extended to allow input.  There might be a
>> better solution, but that would be an easy way to implement
>> something.
>    deciding on a common approach -even extending maction- would be
> great.

As a little hint, tiny experience here shows that such elements would
need to be integrated with web-forms in the container language (if any)
as otherwise a communication à la DOM is needed (and that's fragile and
often unavailable).

I am not sure it is possible in full generality with XForms around, is
there any XForms guru around ?

At least it should be possible with XHTML forms and this element should
be, in ideal situations, submitted as a parameter as well.

paul