Re: mathml free software

Eric,

I doubt what you are asking for exists, at least, I doubt a tool can
easily be made that receives html (and MathML) "compositions" of
students and evaluate them.
(evaluate simply for correct/not-correct or, better, for such answers
as "there's this error here, but the rest is correct", "you did do a
useless step here but it didn't loose you")

If you don't wish evaluation, then it's a completely different story!
Then you only need sharing and are "only" looking for an editor. This
exists, have you had a look at the MathML software page ?

In order to answer questions, I think, I only know programs where the
freedom of input of the learner is by far not as wide as even
containing some html... answers will be such as a few buttons, a few
mathematical expressions, and/or a few strings.

Here are a few that have to do with math, this list is by no means a
complete list:
- ActiveMath (our system, http://www.activemath.org/)
- WIMS (wims.unice.fr I think)
- Alice in Math (don't remember URL)
- MathDox (see riaca.win.tue.nl)

paul

PS: if you insist on the freedom of input but still accept a weaker
evaluation, I know of an LSA-based essay marking... maybe it helps.