Re: MathML dimensions (width and height) in the html

Hi.

You wrote:

> Could you please give me any information on how to get
> the dimensions of a mathml formula (width and height
> preferably in cm) as displayed upon upload in the
> html/xml file?
>
> It is to be used for scientific documents, with lots
> of formulae, that are not supposed to have fixed
> dimensions.
>
> Many thanks in advance,

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Isn't this a question about a
specific piece of software?  The size of a particular equation is
going to depend on the renderer that is displaying it, the base font
size, whether it is inline or display, and so on.

Various MathML rendering engine I know of make size information
available in different ways.  So you will have to fill in some details
about what software you are using.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
W3C Math Interest Group Co-Chair                      651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com