Semantic information for math representations of physics

From: JB Collins <joebmath@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:29:49 -0800 (PST)
To: www-math@w3.org

I am interested in representing equations in physics
using content MathML. This is something I'm new to, so
I'm exploring the ability of MathML to help me.

One deficit in the math concepts I have found so far
is that the Dirac Delta Function is not represented.
Is this correct?

I am aware of the recommendation regarding physical
units. This does not, however, cover the full semantic
information that representing an equation in physics
requires. Here are some other requirements:

(1) A key requirement is to represent, for example,
that /rho represents the density of a certain physical
object.

(2) I might also want to give names to certain
constructs, such as NewtonianSpaceTime for the
specific instance of a metric-space (and time) of
Newtonian physics, or the name of Newtons2ndLaw to a
statement about F=ma.

(3) Vectors are often elements of NewtonianSpaceTime.
Can I declare them to be of that type? I would also
like to declare PhysicalObject as a class. Can I do
this?

Any insights are welcome.

Regards,
Joe C.