pref:renderer and a different ctop xsl

From: Manolis Mavrikis <m.mavrikis@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:37:04 +0000
To: www-math@w3.org

    I have a slight problem with the stylesheets when MathPlayes is
installed.  Regardless if I specify that I 'd like css rendering with
the pref :renderer attribute it doesn't work on local files. The exact
same files work if they are used through a web server. Here is part of
the xml file:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="xsl/mathml.xsl"?>

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"
xmlns:pref="http://www.w3.org/2002/Math/preference"
      pref:renderer="css">

    Anyway ... perhaps I am making a blatantly obvious mistake.

    Nevertheless, I have another question. What I am actually trying to
do is to change the stylesheets (or add something) so as the content
MathML is processed from ctop rather than let it be handled by
MathPlayer. It could be done with lots of different ways but I am trying
to find the simplest and possibly useful for others as well maintaining
all the goodies of DC's stylesheets. I think that in general it would be
useful to be able to define your own ctop instead of the tools' default
one.

    Thanks,

Manolis