Re: newbie MathML question

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:20:14 +0100
To: justin.garofoli@gmail.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I am missing something, or asking too much of you.  I guess the
> simplest answer to my question would be one that answers the question
> of where a dtd for xhtml1.0 (strict or transitonal) plus mathml is.

the only pre-built mathml+xhtml dtd is based on xhtml 1.1 and is at
http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd

The differences between xhtml 1.0 and 1.1 are notgreat do you _really_
need a 1.0 DTD? If so it would be easy enough to make one,

just reference a file that looks something like

<!ENTITY % m SYSTEM "http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/mathml2.dtd">
<!ENTITY % h SYSTEM  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<!ENTITY % misc.inline "ins | del | script| math">

%h;
%m;

http://www.star.net.uk