Re: XSL-FO + MathML

From: White Lynx <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:26:22 +0400
To: Kobayashi <koba@antenna.co.jp>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

May I ask one naive question?
Up to now I thought that it is possible to render MathML
using XSL only (i.e. one can take generic MathML document and transform it into pure XSL FO by applying appropriately designed XSLT style sheet). But now I see that Antenna House choose completely different approach and introduced native MathML support in XSL formatter, so it treats MathML as markup that predefines rendering itself without any style sheets. Does it mean that XSL is not suitable for rendering MathML documents (or maybe is not sufficient)?
Or maybe there were some other reasons that lead Antenna House to current decision?

Best wishes,
George
From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.