Re: Common base of mathematical data

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:44:56 +0200
To: Brody Jacques <brodyj@wanadoo.fr>
Cc: <www-math@w3.org>
Brody Jacques <brodyj@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>               To elaborate a common base of math data with Xml and
> appropriate fonts, I'm interested about ways to display math symbol on the
> net. Can I join a work group ?
>
>   I know Techexplorer, TeX from Blueskyresearch and mathml but is it
> something new and ready tu use to publish math with html ?
>
> This is for the  site www.scioux.org

Hi Jacques, sorry for the late response.  You might want to look at
http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL/ for how to put your mathematics on line
using MathML. It is not that difficult, but you will have to ask your
users to install the mathplayer plugin or mozilla, as well as the proper
fonts.

As for a work group, the best is probably this list, where people are
usually responsive.

Cheers,

Max.