Re: mathml to plain text | audio?

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Helder Ferreira wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> True. MathML Content Markup seems at first better. However there are 2 open
> issues:
>
> (1) MathML Content Markup only covers basic math. The operator's dictionary
> and support is not very big. OpenMath is doing a better job on that.

However MathML Content Markup may reference OpenMath content dictionary
and is therefore as 'big' as OpenMath using the semantics or csymbol
elements.

> (2) Who uses MathML Content Markup in WebPages? Noone. The major
> contribution on the web is based on Presentation-Markup. So seems to me that
> a program that speaks MathML needs to understand Presentation Markup too.

so including content MathML in web pages is simply a matter of including
the required XSLT stylesheet in an appropriate place and include a
processing instruction pointing to that stylesheet, more information may
be found about this (including stylesheets:David Carlisles) at:
http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL/Overview-tech.html

hope this helps,

Bill