mathfamily attribute

From: Daniel J. R. May <d.may@imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:29:55 +0000
To: www-math@w3.org

Hello,

I came across the mathfamily attribute in the MathML DOM and was
confused! I had a search of the mailing list and I see that this has
been noted before; quite a while back:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2001Dec/0011.html

Quoting:

        From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
        Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 15:16:25 +0100
        To: www-math@w3.org

        The MathML DOM lists mathfamily as an attribute for the elements of
        type MathMLPresentationToken. However the description of mathfamily in
        that section links to 3.2.2 which does not list mathfamily as a valid
        attribute.

        Max.

Can MathMLPresentationToken elements have a mathfamily attribute, and if so, what is it for?

Cheers,

Dan