Re: MathML application developers

From: Jyrki Kajala <Jyrki.Kajala@savonia-amk.fi>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:54:35 +0200
To: <www-math@w3.org>

I am a teacher of mathematics and don't admire the manner how the word
equation has used. For example the names of some MathML editors belie
that they are only for editing of equations although they are made to
edit general mathematical expressions. Surprising many of my students
confuse the manipulation rules that are different between equations and
expressions and I have to declare them that they are two different
concepts. As an example, expressions 100x and x are very different but
we can consider the equations 100x=0 and x=0 equivalent.