Re: http://www.w3.org/TR/mathml-units

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Robert Miner wrote:

> Hi.

  Howdy.

> You wrote:
>
> > At
> >   http://www.w3.org/TR/mathml-units/
> >
> > section: "5.3.3"
> >
> >   "In this case, the context is necessary as the standard U.S. mile is
> >    equal to the international mile."
> >
> >   This is a typo...  this should read "... standard U.S. mile is NOT equal
> >   to the international mile."
> >
> > [snip]
>
> Thanks very much for your detailed and knowledgeable comments.

  You are welcome.

  All of the items I mentioned are items regularly beaten to death
  on Surveyor's Forums...
  There are people MUCH more knowledgable than I on the topics, I
  just listen and learn.  (: And note the anomolies like the Nambibian
  meter, and the Swedish mile :)

> I'm not sure what the options are for making revisions in a W3C Note.
> I will look into it.

  Thank you.

> There is a newly formed Math Interest Group, and expanding on the use
> of MathML for units sounds like a good agenda item.  Stay tuned to
> this list for developments!

  Sorry to say, I really don't follow the list...

  But for agenda topics, I wouldn't mind seeing better support for
  Modal logics.  (And for the various 'variant' notations that the
  field abounds with.)

> --Robert

-- John.Halleck@utah.edu  http://www.cc.utah.edu/~nahaj/
-- 801.585.9572