Re: Combining markup

Funnily this approach you described, which I would call "coordinate as
extra attributes", is the one we use in ActiveMath.

But you tackle the problem well by saying that combined markup gives a
kind of self-contained-ness: coordinate-as-
extra-attributes could be said to be dirty... at least it is
non-standard hence, in principle, not usable by anyone else than your
programs/web-pages.

The self-contained-ness character is, I think, something that will not
survive and I would expect applications to migrate to a model where a
paste actually triggers web-requests over the web.

paul