Comments on changes to Appendix B

From: Andreas Strotmann <Strotmann@rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:26:32 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org

Here are some comments on changes to Appendix B -- just a few things you
may have missed in the rewrite.

-- Andreas

>[11]    semantics

the rule body appears twice here

> [23]    _qualifier

this list is missing bvar(?)

>[74]    condition

can include the named constants true, false too...

>[77]    _applybody

> ... (_logicopquant bvar* _domainofapp _mmlarg )

this should read "domainofapp?" (it's not required)

In addition, I miss a production like the following:

 (mmlarg bvar* _domainofapp _mmlarg) | (mmlarg*)

Rationale: the semantics of any predefined operator can be changed by a
semantics element (this is the only case not covered by the specialop rule).

> _relnbody    ::=    | ( _binaryrel bvar* condition? _mmlarg _mmlarg ) | ( _naryrel bvar* condition? _mmlarg )

shouldn't this read

_relnbody    ::=     ( _binaryrel _mmlarg _mmlarg ) |
           ( _naryrel bvar* _domainofapp? _mmlarg )

(note that although reln is deprecated, relnbody is "called" by
applybody and is therefore still quite relevant.)

> lambda construct - note at least 1 bvar must be present

not true anymore according to changed production rule below