Re: (Small) straightphi vs varphi

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:03:53 +0100
To: eduardot@dessci.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> Maybe I am checking at the wrong MathML document ?

No, I just managed to confuse myself.

> To make myself clear: shouldn't the situation be (to match Unicode):
> 3C6 -- loopy glyph     -- names: phiv, varphi
> 3D5 -- straight glyph  -- names: phi, straightphi

I'm sure that should be the situation (and isn't currently) whatever I
may or may not have said in earlier messages.

> Right now, in the MathML specs, the names are as above, but the
>  glyphs are not.

so we should switch the images. Thanks.

David

... never try to answer questions about entity definitions while doing
something else...

http://www.star.net.uk