Re: Spacing and formatting across multiple math tags

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:20:35 GMT
To: silverbanana@gmx.de
Cc: www-math@w3.org

the problem is
> Some explanatory text in XHTML:
as offically even given the xhtml+mathml dtd you can only embedd mathml
in xhtml, not teh other way round, so you can't use a mathml table for
this as that would only allow plain text not xhtml markup at that point.
However I think Amaya and Mozilla would render such a construct as thay
have naturally combined xhtml/mathml (and svg in amaya's case).

However I think a more portable solution would be to use an xhtml table
to get the layout and use individual math elements in teh xhtml table
cells to typeset the math fragments.

http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew

http://www.star.net.uk