Re: Embedding mathml by reference

Geoff Leach <gl@cs.rmit.edu.au> writes:

> I'm pretty sure that my (near future hopefully) MathML authoring is
> probably going to be done using software tools external to my web page
> authoring environment which is a text editor (until/unless there is a
> MathML "mode" for XEmacs (calc?)).

As my time permits, I intend to extend the Gellmu article didactic
production system so as to provide an optimally comfortable LaTeX-like
authoring environment.

Of course, if somebody wants to hack on the HTML formatter in this
direction, that would be helpful.

Meanwhile Stafflin's PSGML for Emacs appears to be popular with XML
authors.

Alternatively, one may use _basic_ Gellmu, which at least offers
a "newcommand" with arguments facility.  See
http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/quadreqn.glm and its transform
http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/quadreqn.xml .

>                                      I think I would want - at least
> sometimes - to save MathML fragments into separate files and include
> them by reference.

Local platform, yes, but it would not be robust to have xhtml+mathml
documents with file inclusions served through the web.  An XML
transformation that does essentially nothing could serve to assemble
the pieces.

                                    -- Bill