Re: Unique Particle Attribution contraint violation (jaxb)

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:28:48 +0100
To: campagne@physbio.mssm.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

> After reading the relevant portion of the XML schema spec, I still
> have no idea what the constrain mean, but I report this here hoping
> that it can be useful.

Thanks for the report. The error means that (in DTD/regexp syntax)
we have some content model like

so when the validator comes to an "a" element it doesn't know which
branch to take (looking ahead to see if the next element is b or c is not
allowed). Such a content model has to be written as
so a only appears once then you get the choice of b or c.
this is the "Unique Particle Attribution" constraint.

We'll determine whether this is a problem with the schema (which we
checked using a different validator) or with the schema processor
getting confused and incorrectly reporting an error and get back to you
on this....