Re: a question about <forall> element

<apply>
 <forall/>
 <ci> x </ci>
</apply>

is perfectly fine Content MathML stating what you requested.  It just
doesn't have a reasonable meaning that I could figure out, but Content
MathML was never meant to preclude stating silly things, or things that
only make sense with additional context definitions.

The misunderstanding may be about <forall/> being required to be used
within the context of an apply element.  That refers to the apply
element within which the forall element is embedded, however, and
therefore there is no problem if there is no apply element as a sibling
of the forall element.

 -- Andreas