RE: Validation of MathML

From: Pepping, Simon (ELS) <S.Pepping@elsevier.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:49:26 -0000
To: "'William F. Hammond'" <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

William F. Hammond [mailto:hammond@csc.albany.edu] wrote on 28 February 2003
14:24:
> "Pepping, Simon (ELS)" <S.Pepping@elsevier.nl> writes:
> Will the other parties have your DTD?  (Will it be on the web?)

The DTD is on the web: http://support.sciencedirect.com/tectext_sgml.shtml,
under the heading 'JA DTD 5.0 and CEP DTD 1.0'.

> I would think it to your advantage if they can perform validation
> before shipping to you.

I do not think an author will create an article according to this DTD. Their
manuscripts will be converted to it by our suppliers. The manuscripts may
contain MathML though, presentation or content.

Regards, Simon

Simon Pepping
DTD Development and Maintenance
Elsevier