Re: Last Call Working Draft of MathML 2.0, 2nd edition published

From: Stan Devitt <jsdevitt@stratumtek.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:00:48 -0400
To: www-math@w3.org

Clare,

Regarding the issue of going to a fixed list of
types:

Please see my response to Andreas (just sent)
in which I discuss the possible values of the
type attribute.  In the end, it boils down to a
strong need for the flexibility of extensions, and
the fact that just the presence of the attribute
tells the applications to be careful.  Thus
we are not planning on changing this feature.

Can I ask you to acknowledge this response
this message to help us in tracking responses
to the issues that have been raised.

Thanks,

Stan Devitt
Math Working Group