W3 XML Schema validation problem

From: Webb Roberts <webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:53:25 -0400
To: www-math@w3.org

I'm trying to validate an instance of mathml using the XML schema, as
specified in appendix a
I'm using Xerces-Java 2.4.0, which is their latest release.

I am receiving the following error:

>ERROR in parsing
>   file
> "file:///c:/webb/work/library/mathml/mathml2/content/constructs.xsd", line 50
>   cos-nonambig: "http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML":cn and
> "http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML":cn (or elements from their
> substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution".

I haven't seen any comments on the mailing list regarding XML validation
difficulties.  Is this a MathML schema problem, or a Xerces problem, or
have I just missed something?

Below is my XML file:

<mml:math xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"

Cancer: (June 22—July 22) You will belatedly realize you've become part of
the problem when you board a train that leaves Philadelphia at noon
traveling 45 miles an hour.