GNU TeXmacs (was: Possibly OT request for suggestions)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 05:09:30PM +0200, Max Froumentin wrote:

> > I'd hoped that there was an open source Java project already doing
> > something like this, but Google isn't turning up much.
>
> I don't know of any Java open source project, unfortunately.
> http://www.w3.org/Math/implementations.html has a pretty good list of
> MathML software, by the way.

By the way, the GNU TeXmacs project is currently working towards
support of MathML.

Currently we have (deeply redesigned) HTML converters and a grossly
sketchy presentation markup import filter.

Eventually, we plan to implement a "syntax" system to bridge
automatically between presentation and semantic markup in a context
sensitive manner. I am not the one with the vision of this project, so
anyone interested in discussing such a design this is encouraged to
subscribe and post to texmacs-dev@gnu.org.

When we have something working, we'll ask to be added to the W3C page.
At the moment I am just encouraging people interested in interactive
structured mathematic typography to have a look at our work.

If you think this kind of non-commercial self-advertising is not
welcome here, please tell me, I would not do it again. But I thought
this GNU project might be of interest to some readers here.

--
                                                            -- ddaa