Re: mathml media type registered?

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 14:41:22 -0400
To: W3C MathML Discussion <www-math@w3.org>

Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> writes (in www-math@w3.org):

> Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > Where's the MathML media type documentation?
>
> in http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/draft-spec/chapter7.html#id.7.1.3

Since that's a password-protected URI, may I be so bold as to
inquire here why an xhtml namespace should require a mimetype?
(I suppose I should have said "xml namespace", but, apart from
electronic data interchange contexts, no other root namespace
for small xml namespaces comes to mind.)

(Does ruby have a mimetype?)

Is the idea that a mimetype is required for included MathML objects in
markups like TEI?

                                    -- Bill