Re: InputControl and special characters

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:56:53 -0500
To: mortena@mip.sdu.dk
CC: davidc@nag.co.uk, www-math@w3.org

> So, It is completely impossible to use InputControl together with XSL
> transformations??

The Input Control can handle the raw character data in UTF-8.  But
from the =DF example, it looked as if the entities were not being
properly expanded.  Going with character data instead of entity names
or numerical escapes is really the only viable strategy I think.

You will still have to figure out something for double escaping things
like &lt; though, and I'm not sure that can be done with XSL.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com