InputControl and special characters

From: Morten Andersen <mortena@mip.sdu.dk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:22:55 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org
After a lot of digging and emailing to the wonderful people on this list I
found a way to render a formula and edit it using InputControl on the same
web-page.

I used Paul's serverside encoding-code-snippet, that fixed a tomcat - bug,
which was a good (and ugly) hack.

I also used Davids xsl advises to find the marked formula and use it as
input to the InputControl applet. (Write me for the code)

That worked fine, with its way to change < to &lt; and > to &gt; and so on.

But, when it comes to special characters like &beta; the following happens:

If I write it in InputControl, then InputControl returns:

But if I submit this to the server, and reloads the page..
That is:
verb mode in pmathml.xsl, and applies it as input to InputControl.

Then what is being rendered in InputControl is:

So the xsl code translates the &beta; into .

This is a problem, since  must be written as &beta; in order to be rendered.

So:

   -how can I avoid the translation from &beta; to  ?

Regards

Morten Andersen