XSL matching, that changes < into &lt; in one mathml section, while leaving other mathml sections to be transferred by pmathml.xsl

From: Morten Andersen <mortena@mip.sdu.dk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:27:32 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org

Dear experts

I want to have both formulas that is perfectly rendered in the browser,
plus formulas, that I can edit with InputControl from WebEQ on the same

After some mails to this list I think I found out how to implement the page.

1) The formulas, that must be edited using InputControl are marked on the
server (Perhaps with a <editFormula><math ...</math></editFormula>)
2) I implement a xsl tranformation file, that extends pmathml.xsl, but
which overrules the part that translates "<math..." into "<mml:math", with
a part, that initializes the InputControl Applet with code like this:

      <applet ..... value="&lt;math>&lt;mi>A&lt;/mi>&lt;/math>...</applet>.

when I'm in the editing part, but leaves the rest to pmathml to transfer.

Therefore I need some xsl code, that transfers all mathml in a
<editFormula> section into something, that can be parsed into the
InputControl applet.

I'm quite new to xsl, so please fell free to send me some code...  :-)

So what I want is code that tranfers:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="SomeXSLFile.xsl">

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
	Bla bla
  <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
	This must be edited

Into some XHTML where the latter formula is editable in a WEBEQ editor
while the first is left to be rendered in the browser.

Morten Andersen