<mml:math>..., xsl and InputControl

From: Morten Andersen <mortena@mip.sdu.dk>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:19:45 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org

Dear Experts

I got a bit further using Paul's server-side code, that changes unicode
into UTF. It's ugly but it works.

So now I can render mathml using xsl in both Internet Explorer (using the
mathviewer applet) and in Netscape 7.0.

In my website, I want to put a WebEQ editor applet (InputControl), but
there I get into a bit of problems:

1) It seems that Internet explorer converts mathml into something like :

<mml:math><mml:mrow>...

This is a problem if I want to initialize the InputControl with that mathml.
I think this happens in the xsl transformation, but how to avoid it I don't
know.

2) As I initialize the inputcontrol with value="<math xlms="...">... " i
get the following error in IE-6.0:
     "The character '<' cannot be used in an attribute value".
How do I get rid of that error?

Any suggestions?

Regards

Morten Andersen