Re: xsl transformation and special characters

So what you're suggesting is:

Paul:
pipe these request.getParameter() through a UTF-8 java.io.InputStreamReader
and we are now able to accept russian, math, and just about anything
Unicode 3 in our forms.

         String math = request.getParameter("param");
         StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
         InputStream is = new InputStream();
         is.read(math.getBytes());
         InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is);

David:
1) To change browser settings to auto-select
2) Changing the http header from the server-side. (How do I do that?)
3) Apply a solution like Paul's... to solve tomcat-bugs.

I tryed to change the browser settings with no luck, so I'll try Paul's
solution even though it seems to be bad coding...

  Thanks

Morten Andersen
Master of applied mathematics and computer science
Research assistant (in e-learning)

The Maersk Institute of Production technology at Southern Danish University
www.mip.sdu.dk
Campusvej 55
DK-5230 Odense M
Denmark