Re: Problem with MathPlayer and CSS

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:53:29 GMT
To: Bernhard.Keil@soft4science.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

   math {font-family:Times}

Because of Internet Explorer's slightly half baked interface to
behaviours MathPlayer has to have the math element prefixed.
If you are using the XSL stylesheet it will add the prefix mml:
(although I've had a request to make this shorter, and just m:) but it
doesn't change the css style element or referenced stylesheet, so I
think that would not match.

I think you need to use the prefixed name,
or the CSS2 namespace declaration. or use class attributes as in the
XHTML+MathML version of the MathML2 2nd edition draft where we have

.mathml-render {
font-family: serif;
font-size: 130%;
border: solid 4px green;
padding-left: 1em;
padding-right: 1em;

and it seems to work OK and MathPlayer pick up the serif font.