Re: express a set of equations

From: Tim Bagot <tsb-w3-math-0002@earth.li>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:26:58 +0000 (UTC)
To: <www-math@w3.org>
Cc: Hyunju Shim <hshim@cise.ufl.edu>

At 2002-12-31T20:14-0500, Hyunju Shim wrote:-

> In MathML, how can I express a set of equations?
> Is following MathML correct to express two equations?
> or is there any parent element that can have those two 'reln' elements as a child?
>
> N = a + b
> M = c + d
>
> <reln>
>    <eq/>
[snip]
> </reln>
> <reln>
[snip]
> </reln>

Assuming a parent math element, I think that's allowed but will have a
default rendering as if the reln elements are contained in an mrow. If you
are concerned about the presentation (but don't want to use parallel
markup), then you might prefer to enclose them in an mtable. But the
obvious content markup here is simply:

<apply>
  <and/>
  <reln>...</reln>