Re: Java API for MATHML

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:43:43 +0100
To: www-math@w3.org

Stan Devitt wrote:

>The content definitions for the arc trig functions
>used in appendix C were largely based on Abromovitz
>and Stegun, Section 4.4  -- see, for example,
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-MathML2-20021219/appendixc.html#cdef.arccos
>
>and more generally, were chosen to be consistent
>with OpenMath.

Actually which version of Abromovitz and Stegun ?
I hear some noise that the definition of arccot has been changed between
versions.
MathML having decided not to specify the definition domain... this may
be a problem, or ??
(hence my request for any new system built with compatibility in mind to
declare >precisely< its compatibility).

Paul