MathML and AxKit

From: Streph Treadway <sbt@ginkwunk.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:32:59 -0500
To: www-math@w3.org

Hello, all,

I have been feeling my way around MathML for a little while now and have
enjoyed it enough to want to use it to serve math content developed by
and for my high school students.  I am also interested in serving this
MathML content using AxKit, a perl-based xml processing system for
the apache web server.

What I have seen of MathML so far appears to rely on browsers to perform
any transformations.  I was wondering if any of you are doing this on
the server side, and what kinds of problems there might be in this
approach.  I have a vague recollection of seeing some documentation on
server-side transformations a while ago, but I can't put my fingers on it
now.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Yours,

Streph