Re: Difference in description of DOM Interfaces.

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:46:54 -0600
To: andreyr@desten.ru
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi.

> I'm wondering why description of DOM interfaces is different in docs
> vs idl file.  Take a look, for example(there are others as well), at
> MathMLSpaceElement and MathMLStyleElement.
>
> What description should I use to implement these interfaces?

It looks like a straight forward mistake.  In general, you should use
the one that matches the description of the element in Chapter 3 and
4.  But you will have to go case by case.  It isn't guaranteed that
either appendix D or E will always be right.

With MathMLStyleElement, the list without 'color' is correct, as you
will see by cross-referencing with 3.3.4.2.  For MathMLSpaceElement, I
couldn't see what the problem was.

Could you post the problems you encounter, so we can start compiling
an errata list.

Thanks,

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com