Re: Errors in MathML DTD

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

>>'Schema.prefix' was not found.
>
>it's defined in the qnames module file but unfortunately I failed to cvs
>commit that correctly so it didn't distribute to the public version (but
>was there in the version I tested before committing...).
>
>It should be there now, and I fixed the "Aiases" typo in the main DTD at
>the same time, thanks for this report.

Hmmm, the state of the MathML DTD appears to be quite fluid in comparison
with the stringent process for normal deliverables (i.e. Recommendations)
of W3C WGs. I also note that there is now a "Valid MathML 2.0" badge being
displayed on the MathML WG's home page.

Perhaps it would be prudent to discuss how better to make sure the Markup
Validation Service stays in sync with the latest developments in the MathML
Recommendation and its supporting materials in the future?

Perhaps someone involved in the Math activity might volunteer to liasison
with the Validator team, or someone -- not necessarily W3C Member/Staff --
from the Validator community might volunteer to keep an eye on the Math
folk and keep www-validator -- and, preferably, also log things in
Bugzilla[0] -- informed as to changes?

I'm afraid I don't have the time available to do this myself.

[0] - The W3C Public Bugzilla is at <http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/> and
      is the canonical tracker for Validator issues. The best way to make
      sure an issue is addressed is to report it there (with perhaps a
      note to www-validator for discussions and/or clarifications).

--
Now Playing "Feeling Good" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".