Re: Combinatorial numbers

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Maths for More wrote:

> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:46:39 +0200
> From: Maths for More <info@mathsformore.com>
> To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
> Cc: www-math@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Combinatorial numbers
>

> That is exactly what I was looking for, I am specially interested in the Content MathML elements.
> I will study more about <csymbol>
>
> thanks

another possibility is to use the semantics element (suggested by David),
in the following way:

<apply>
  <semantics>
    <mySymb:binomial xmlns:mySymb="http:my.namespace"/>
    <annotation-xml encoding="OpenMath" xmlns:om="http://www.openmath.org/OpenMath">
       <om:OMS cd="combinat1" name="binomial"/>
    </annotation-xml>
  </semantics>
  <ci>n</ci>
  <ci>m</ci>
</apply>

other possibilities are to use alternative presentations instead of the
element mySymb:binomial (for more details see:
http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~bill/Papers/MathML2002/mathML2002.html
)
or include the arguments as OpenMath objects inside the annotation-xml
element.

hope this helps,

Bill