Errors in MathML DTD

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:48:18 +0100 (BST)
To: www-validator@w3.org, www-math@w3.org

In updating Page Valet[1] some weeks ago, I observed what appear to be
typos in the MathML2 DTD[2].  What first caught my eye was at the end:

<!ENTITY % ent-mmlalias
      PUBLIC "-//W3C//ENTITIES Aiases for MathML 2.0//EN"
             "mathml/mmlalias.ent" >

In live testing, I find it appears not even valid.  Page Valet reports
an error at line 1940, col 22 Entity 'Schema.prefix' was not found.
Commandline Xerces confirms this, and the Edinburgh Uni checker[3]
agrees, while other checkers have deeper problems.

Can someone please fix this, or explain to me why the parsers are wrong?

A test case emailed to me by a user that demonstrates the problem is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 plus SVG 1.1//EN"
<title>Hello world</title>
<h1>Hello world</h1>

[1] http://valet.webthing.com/page/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/mathml2.dtd