Re: Ref: Putting Mathematics on the Web with MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:36:23 +0100
To: jkpascal@utk.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

> Select the Security tab and click on Custom Level... button.

Yes this works, but I don't think that we can globally recommend
that people lower their security settings. It is almost certainly
safe but both from a practical and a political point of view it does not
seem good to say that mathml requires a lower security setting.

> This allows IE to load the xslt stylesheet remotely since mozilla {build
> ID:2002041711} crashes if xslt file is stored locally on server.

Oh that sounds bad! Have you reported this to mozilla?
It can't, in general be true, surely for example the example files on
the w3c server have their stylesheet on the local server, and they seem
to work (I hope). Are you sure your server was serving .xsl files as
text/xml Mozilla is very unforgiving over mime types.