Re: Line breaking and MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:03:07 GMT
To: amundson@fnal.gov
CC: hammond@csc.albany.edu, www-math@w3.org

> If Maxima is going to expect the MathML
> display software to do the breaking, is that a reasonable assumption?
> I.e., do any available MathML display tools do that?

See

http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter7.html#interf_toplevel

you can specify how large expressions are handled
<math overflow="xxx">
where xxx is one of overflow scroll elide truncate scale.

There may be an issue with current renderers as to how many of these
they currently support, but the renderers are getting better.