Re: details for /Math/XSL/ at w3

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:30:07 +0200
To: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi William,

your comment:

William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu> writes:

> Is there a desire to have agreement for (1) the "type" value of
> xml-stylesheet PI and (2) the transfer protocol content type for the
> style object?

Are you suggesting that one might want to dissociate (1) and (2)?
I'm not sure I understand why.

> Are there extant values of "type" for the xml-stylesheet PI other
> than "text/css" and "text/xsl"?

The stylesheet PI spec says that the PI follows the behaviour of
HTML4's <LINK REL="stylesheet">. HTML4 does not mandate any value for
the type attribute of LINK. So I guess the answer to your question is
"potentially, yes".

> Might not W3 imagine new values, perhaps, "text/css-ng", coming
> along later?

Yes, as anyone who comes up with a new stylesheet language might.

Max.