Re: details for /Math/XSL/ at w3

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> writes:

> > 3.  The document must not have a "<!DOCTYPE" declaration.
>
> It can reference a DOCTYPE but mozilla won't read it.

I thought I saw IE get upset when DOCTYPE was present.  Was that
an anomaly?

> 6.  XSLT sheets must be served through HTTP as "application/xml".
>     (See RFC 3023; "text/xsl" is not a registered content type.)
>
> yes mozilla is very fussy about this
> (it probably also accepts xml+xsl,

                            ^^^^^^^

                       "text/xsl+xml" ??

> but IE doesn't so text/xml is best)

My reading of RFC 3023 leads me to conclude that since "normal people"
do not read want to look at style sheets, "application/xml" should be
used rather than "text/xml" for XSL/XSLT sheets.  Moreover, the sheets
in /Math/XSL/ are served as "application/xml" (first noticed by me at
the meeting on June 30).

Is there any reason to prefer "text/xml"?

                                    -- Bill