[MathML2] Errors in the spec

From: J.J.SOLARI <jjsolari@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:02:40 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org

In the process of translating MathML2 into French, I came across what seem
to be two errors, which are not mentioned in the errata. Here:

2.2 MathML in a Document:

&lt;html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"&gt;
&lt;title&gt;MathML's Hello Square&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;/head&gt; &lt;body&gt; &lt;p&gt; This is a perfect square:&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"&gt;
&lt;/math&gt; &lt;/body&gt;

Here we have the normal structure of an XHTML document. It begins with the
start tag &lt;html&gt; embellished with an XML namespace declaration and
language assertions. A head element contains a title as is customary. Then
the &lt;body&gt; beginning also has a namespace declaration of an
abbreviative prefix letter m to be used for the standard MathML namespace.

Last phrase doesn't seem to correspond with the example: where is that
namespace declaration?

2.4.5 Attributes Shared by all MathML Elements:

Last phrase of antepenultimate paragraph:

However, the use of other is strongly deprecated when there are already
other ways within MathML of passing specific information.

Shouldn't it read:
However, the use of other is strongly *discouraged* when ...

That's all for now,

/* home page <http://www.yoyodesign.org/> */
/* public key id: 9eb99ddb <http://www.keyserver.net/> */