Re: Problems with the testsuite

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:51:37 +0100
To: Stephan Michels <stephan@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Stephan Michels <stephan@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> I think I found an other bug:
>
> testsuite/Presentation/TokenElements/mi/miequivalents11.xhtml:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "mtable" must be
> terminated by the matching end-tag "</mtable>"

Thanks Stephan, we have an (unfortunately long) list of errata for the
test suite that we will put on line shortly.

> I had also a another question, should the testsuite test deprecated
> attributes like "fontsize", "fontweight", "fontstyle" and "fontfamily".
> I think about the decision to implement the deprecated attributes, but
> this makes the implementation more difficult.

I think you'll find the MathML compliance document at
http://www.w3.org/Math/iandi/compliance helpful. In particular:

"In order to be MathML-input-compliant, rendering and reading tools
must support deprecated features if they are to be MathML 1.x
compliant. They do not have to support deprecated features to be
considered MathML 2.0 compliant. However, all tools are encouraged to
support the old forms as much as possible."

Max.