Re: Re : MathML on Mozilla for Mac Os 9

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:31:03 -0500
To: tjruwase@Stanford.EDU
CC: www-math@w3.org

Hi.

> I tried to view a sample mathml page
> http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL/cmathml.xml
> on Mozilla(nightly build version) for Mac Os 9
> and found out that the page was not properly rendered.
> Further investigation revealed that while the math sysmbols
> were properly rendered, the operands (wrapped in <ci>) were not.
> Seemingly there were being transformed instead of being rendered directly
>
> I would appreciate any comments on this

Mozilla doesn't support content MathML directly -- it only renders
presentation MathML.  So all of the content MathML, <ci>'s included
are supposed to be transformed by the stylesheet and not rendered
directly.  So that's all right.

But clearly something is wrong if it doesn't work.  I'll try to
investigate.

--Robert

Robert Miner                                    RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com