Re: Re : MathML on Mozilla for Mac Os 9

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:31:03 -0500
To: tjruwase@Stanford.EDU
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I tried to view a sample mathml page
> http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL/cmathml.xml
> on Mozilla(nightly build version) for Mac Os 9
> and found out that the page was not properly rendered.
> Further investigation revealed that while the math sysmbols
> were properly rendered, the operands (wrapped in <ci>) were not.
> Seemingly there were being transformed instead of being rendered directly
> I would appreciate any comments on this

Mozilla doesn't support content MathML directly -- it only renders
presentation MathML.  So all of the content MathML, <ci>'s included
are supposed to be transformed by the stylesheet and not rendered
directly.  So that's all right.

But clearly something is wrong if it doesn't work.  I'll try to

Robert Miner                                    RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com