Re: MathML technical FAQ

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:57:30 -0500
To: padovani@scl.csd.uwo.ca
CC: www-math@w3.org

Hi.

> I've been asked if there is a document about "common MathML mistakes",
> such as not using &it; between fractions, proper grouping of expressions,
> and so on. Apparently, many MathML users would find it useful to have
> something like "MathML for TeXnicians" rather than reading the whole
> MathML spec.

Yeah, this would be really useful.  As close as I can come is a guide
a student and I wrote called "A Gentle Introduction to MathML" online
at

  http://www.dessci.com/support/tutorials/mathml/default.stm

It's still too long and general for the purpose you describe, but its
better than the spec.

--Robert

Robert Miner                                    RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com