Re: inference rule markup in W3C specs?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 12 Apr 2002 09:13:34 -0500
To: Andrea Asperti <asperti@CS.UniBO.IT>
Cc: www-math@w3.org, www-rdf-logic@w3.org, Harold Boley <boley@informatik.uni-kl.de>, Claudio Sacerdoti_Coen <sacerdot@CS.UniBO.IT>
On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 03:32, Andrea Asperti wrote:

> MathML supports implication,

really? I couldn't find it when I looked a while ago.

Aha! there it is:

Example

<apply>
<implies/>
<ci> A </ci>
<ci> B </ci>
</apply>

	-- http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter4.html#contm_implies

> Do you have a clear idea of what you need?

Umm... pretty much just first order logic.

> For instance, what
> kind of datatypes would you like to consider? Would you like
> to work in a typed or an untyped formal setting?

I'm not sure. I think a sorted/typed notation is handy.
The RELAX-NG notation seems to be typed, for example.

> etc. etc.
>
> In any case, a strong coordination with the MathML WG is surely
> auspicable. Maybe we can try to create a small task force of people
> interested in this issue. But the first problem is surely to
> have a beeter understanding of what you (we) are looking for.

I'll have to think about it...