Re: MathType and multiple line solutions

From: Bob Mathews <bobm@dessci.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:04:47 -0500 (EST)
To: "Russell Hill" <rah111@bigpond.net.au>
Cc: <www-math@w3.org>
At 15:58 4/4/2002 +1000, Russell Hill wrote:

>I have used MathType to create the attached Word document line by line, so
>that when I convert to GIF files using the MathType Toolbar in Word, each
>line is a unique GIF file. I also had to line up the = signs in Word, as
>MathType centred them.
>
>Is there any way to:
>
>1. make a multi-line solution into just the one GIF image using MathType?

Sure.  Just press Enter at the end of the line.

>2. (if yes to 1) align the successive lines of the solution as appropriate
>before involving Word?

In MathType's Format menu, select "Align at =".  This will be grayed-out
unless you have more than one line.

>p.s. Is this the appropriate forum for me to be asking such questions, or
>should it be elsewhere?

Probably a newsgroup would be better (or better yet, write directly to
support@dessci.com), but since you asked...

Bob Mathews                    email: bobm@dessci.com
Director of Training           phone: 830-990-9699
http://www.dessci.com          fax: 830-997-2170
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"